Relocating to the Greater Pittsburgh Area
Welcome to the Greater Pittsburgh area! Although the city's roots are based in the industrial industry, big companies like Google, Apple, and Oculus have moved into the area over the past few years, making it a growing hub for technology. Whether you're moving for work, school, retirement, or any other reason, the Pittsburgh area is a fantastic place to live—and for good reason!
Take a moment to browse our relocation resources, and give us a call when you're ready to kickstart your Pittsburgh home buying journey.
Why Should You Relocate to
The Greater Pittsburgh Area?
A Vibrant City
Museums, nationally acclaimed restaurants, bustling shopping plazas, expansive music venues... Pittsburgh has it all.
Worried about dealing with traffic on your way to work? Pittsburgh has plenty of options to make your commute as seamless as possible!
Home-Buying Made Easy
Whether you're looking for your first home or your fifth, our resources make buying a home in Pittsburgh easier than ever.
Featured Greater Pittsburgh Homes for Sale
There’s an easier way to keep up with new listings in the the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Save your searches, save favorite properties, and sign up for new listing alerts by creating your personal Property Organizer account today.
The Greater Pittsburgh Area at a Glance
Pittsburgh to Youngstown: 1 hr 6 min
Pittsburgh to Cranberry Twp: 24 min
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia: 5 hr 6 min
Airport: Pittsburgh International Airport
Median Home Value: $152,600
Median Household Income: $58,521
Buying a home is a lot to juggle—especially if you add relocating to the mix. To help take some of the stress off your shoulders, we offer a wide variety of resources for simplifying the process.
Mortgage Loan Options
Navigating the mortgage process is tricky, even if you've bought a home before. Check out our mortgage resources to help break down your options.Mortgage Options
Have a few questions about the buying process? Don't hesitate to ask! In the meantime, browse our Buyer FAQs to see if you can find the answers you're looking for.Buyer FAQs
Greater Pittsburgh Area Relocation Tips
When you work with our team, we'll be dedicated to finding your home dream in no time—and making the process as low-stress as possible along the way. Another great way to save yourself some stress? Have a plan of action!
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Give yourself plenty of time—a month or two—before your move to start packing things up and making plans with movers, if that's the route you choose.
- Stock up on packing materials — Gather things like spare boxes, bubble wrap, and packing tape all at once, so you don't have to keep running out for supplies.
- Start small — Begin packing one room at a time, starting with the rooms you use the least, in order to avoid getting overwhelmed.
- Downsize beforehand — Odds are, you probably have some things you could get rid of. Host a yard sale or donate unused items to lighten your load.
- Review all moving documents before signing — If you are planning to use professional movers, make sure the logistics are ironed out.
As Moving Day Approaches
Once your moving day gets closer, you'll want to finish up on your packing, remembering these key tips:
- Label everything — Label which boxes go in which rooms to make the unpacking process more organized.
- Pack fragile items last — Be sure to wrap glassware and other delicate things in bubble wrap or spare clothing.
During the Move
Once moving day arrives, you'll want to keep a few important things close by.
- Prepare an "essentials bag" — Put things you'll need during the move—like chargers, wallets, cash, and anything else—in a backpack that you can carry with you.
- Make an "open me first" box — Once you move in, you'll want items like toilet paper, towels, sheets, and other essentials to be easily accessible, so put this box on top.
- Wait to unpack — Your house probably won't be this empty again for a while, so take the chance to do a deep clean before you move your things in.
The Greater Pittsburgh area is full of unique neighborhoods and beautiful homes, and it really is a fantastic place to make a home. If you're getting ready to kick off your relocation journey, then we're here to help. Browse more of our relocation and buying resources, start searching for homes in your preferred location, and give us a call when you're ready to get started.